Next Thursday’s Betfred Super League season opener between Hull FC and Hull KR will be the competition’s biggest opening night attendance in over 17 years!
Over 17,500 tickets have already been sold for the unmissable Hull Derby, meaning the attendance will be the league’s biggest at an opening night fixture since 2007.
It will also be the club’s biggest Round One attendance at home across the Super League era, surpassing the 17,000 that watched the Airlie Birds take on Leeds in February 2005.
Tony Smith’s side take on the Robins in a mouth-watering battle in West Hull, which is sure to kick off the new season in spectacular fashion on Thursday 15th February (8.00pm).
Tickets for the fixture are now limited, with supporters urged to secure theirs as soon as possible.
Commenting on the attendance milestone for the competition, Rugby League Commercial’s Managing Director Rhodri Jones, said: “We were excited by the possibility of opening the season with a Hull Derby for the first time, and we’re delighted that it has captured the imagination of the fans of both clubs, and of the wider sporting public.
“Hull FC versus Hull KR is one of Rugby League’s greatest rivalries, and it also provides the opportunity to celebrate a city and a region where the sport means so much.
“Between them, Hull FC and Hull KR have sold more than 15,000 season tickets or memberships for the 2024 campaign, in addition to attracting a wide range of commercial partners, and also promoting Rugby League participation with their commitment to inclusivity.
“Our congratulations and thanks go to both clubs and their fans for reaching this milestone, with Super League already guaranteed its biggest opening night crowd for 17 years.”
Tickets in unreserved areas of the lower bowl are already completely sold out, while just a handful of single seats remain available in the East Stand, and final remaining grouped seats in the West Stand are now extremely limited.
Seating is now also limited in reserved areas of the South Stand with a low number of grouped seats still available.
Tickets are available now are ticketing.hullfc.com, via our club retail stores, and over the phone, with full ticketing details below.
Supporters should make note of the following important ticketing and safety information below:
- Due to anti-social behaviour amongst away supporters at last season’s Good Friday Derby, the club are working with Humberside Police and the SMC to implement several additional safety and security measures that will be in place at this fixture to ensure a safe environment for all supporters.
- Hull KR supporters have been allocated the entire North Stand for this fixture. To accommodate this, any 2024 Hull FC members who have purchased a North Stand membership for this fixture will be moved to the South Stand (unreserved) for this fixture, as detailed in their membership brochure. All North Stand members will receive a one-off ticket to use for this fixture via post – if you have not received your ticket by Thursday 1st February, please email email@example.com
- Tickets are only available to those supporters who have previously purchased a ticket from Hull FC during the previous four seasons (since the start of the 2019 season). Supporters will be able to purchase up to six tickets per person.
- Tickets in home sections of the stadium, including the West Stand Upper section, will not be made available to Hull KR supporters.
- All alcoholic and soft drinks will be decanted from bottles into cups in both the West Stand Upper section of the ground, and the North Stand, housing Hull KR supporters.
- An increased police and stewarding presence will be in force in and around the stadium before, during and after the match to further ensure the safety of all supporters present.
- Supporters are advised that additional security measures including sniffer dogs, trained to detect pyrotechnics and illegal substances, will be in operation outside the ground. Hull FC holds a zero tolerance policy on pyrotechnics and drugs. Any supporters displaying such behaviour will be refused entry/ejected from the ground.
How To Buy Tickets
Tickets for the match will be available from ticketing.hullfc.com. Supporters can opt to have their tickets sent to them in the post, or download their ticket as an e-ticket.
Match tickets for all home areas of the ground will be able to be purchased in person from our MKM Stadium retail store.
Only tickets for unreserved home sections of the ground will be available at our St Stephen’s Shopping Centre retail store.
Over The Phone
Tickets are available over the phone from Monday by calling 01482 505600. Phone lines are 9.30am until 4.00pm, Monday to Friday. All telephone sales are subject to a £2.00 transaction fee.