Hull FC Sports College
Hull FC Sports College was set up in 2010 to engage post-16 learners in Hull and surrounding areas in education through the power of sport.
About the Hull FC Sports College
Launched in 2010, Hull FC Sports College engages post-16 learners to develop their skills and knowledge to allow them to progress onto higher education and industry employment.
Through a variety of Level 2 and Level 3 programs, the Hull FC Sports College is able to provide learners with an opportunity to pursue a career across the entire sports industry.
Whether a career in Sports Coaching, Sports Science, Personal Training and Professional Athlete is your intended career pathway, we have a programme tailored to help you achieve your goals.
All programmes are tailored to the individual through a team of experts across the sporting industry. The Centre of Excellence staff is made up of a variety of industry experts, former professional athletes and international standard coaches.
Following the mantra of ‘Learn, work and play’ the college ensures that whilst learners are chasing their dreams of becoming a professional athlete, they’re also just as focused on their education.
The College’s objectives are to:
- Provide high quality, flexible and responsive courses that increase the participation of young people.
- Develop pathways which enable learners to achieve further qualifications and pursue employment opportunities.
- Enable learners to fulfil their potential through outstanding teaching, learning, coaching and assessment, creating opportunities to work or play in professional sport.
- Our unique curriculum has been designed to give learners the opportunity to develop their employment pathways within the sporting field.
Students have the chance to develop their skills and knowledge through a curriculum built up of both vocational and academic qualifications.
Additional training and qualifications are provided to accelerate the personal development of our students, plus invaluable work experience with Hull FC – including coaching, conditioning and business, tailored to each students academic progress.
Our full-time study programme consists of choosing from the following options:
- Apprenticeships & Traineeships
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Sport
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Sport
- NCFE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Physical Activity
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction - Y14 Only
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training - Y14 Only
- HNC Sport & Exercise Science (Coaching Science)
- HND Sport & Exercise Science (Coaching Science)
Learners at the Hull FC Sports College will also have the opportunity to be involved with:
- Hull FC College Academy Team - Up to 10 hours training per week plus regular fixtures in the college league – delivered by professional coaches and monitored regularly by Hull FC scouts.
- Minimum of 10 hours work experience with Hull FC, including match days.
- Enrichment activities (Multi-sports inc; Cricket, Ultimate Frisbee, gym instruction, Rugby, football etc).
- Media training (e.g match day analysis, video and photography).
- English & Maths study and GCSE re-sits (if applicable).
- Additional Qualifications – Referee’s Course, Level 1 RFL Qualification.
Each student that enrols at the Hull FC Sports College will also receive:
- FREE entry to every Hull FC home fixture
- FREE Hull FC branded hoody
- FREE transport to and from college
- Government Bursary
- Specialist extra-curricular rugby training by professional coaches.
- Player visits / training sessions
- Reduced training kit package
- Exclusive discounts at Hull FC
- Exclusive discounts at over 40 restaurants and retailers in Hull
How to apply
If you think you might be interested in becoming a part of the Hull FC Sports College, send an email to email@example.com.