Here’s everything you need to know ahead of Saturday’s Armed Forces themed fixture against Leeds Rhinos, featuring a busy pre-match fan park, and plenty on pre-match entertainment!
Armed Forces Fan Park
We’ve got one of our biggest ever fan parks planned for Saturday’s clash against Leeds, featuring a wide range of military and Armed Forces themed activities for the full family to enjoy from 12.30pm!
- The British Army’s Infantry Engagement Team will be in attendance allowing fans to get up close and personal with kit, equipment, and weapons.
- As well as a modern weapons display, we’ll also have a World Wars weapons display allowing fans to see what equipment was used in the two conflicts.
- Try your hand at Humber Scout Group’s activity and climbing wall!
- A wide selection of military vehicles will be on show across the park, including a Jackal with heavy weapons from the Queen’s Own Yeomanry, two drop vehicles from the 150 Transport Squadron, an armoured ambulance from the 250 Medical Squadron.
- There will be various displays across the park, including a parachute display from the Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers, a medical equipment display from the 250 Medical Squadron
- Take on the 150 Transport Squadron’s Hang Challenge, as well making sure you look the part with their face painting station.
- If you’re interested in joining the British Army or the Royal Navy, their engagement teams will be in attendance with their recruitment vans and gazebos.
- Organisations including the Royal British Legion, Blesma, Hull 4 Heroes, Hull & East Yorkshire Breakfast Club, Hull Armed Forces Community Hub, Yorkshire Veterans Modelling Group, and QPD Forces Preparation College, as well as representation from 4th Battalion Yorkshire Regiment, and 4th Battalion Parachute Regiment.
We’ve also got plenty of our regular fan park activity taking place, including:
- Inflatables and bouncy castles including a pirate ship, giant obstacle course, farmyard fun, disco dome, and slide.
- Members of the first-team squad will be out and about across the fan park to sign autographs and have pictures, including Jake Connor, Andre Savelio, and Mitieli Vulikijapani.
- Our Hull FC retail trailer will be on site once again where supporters can pick up a Magic Weekend jersey ahead of the trip to Newcastle next weekend, as well as taking part in our tombola where you could win prizes including signed playing jerseys!
- We’ll have live music from Will Hepple at our fan park stage!
- Try your hand at Wheelchair Rugby League with our live demonstration just opposite the West Stand Main Reception.
- Our popular half-time game Boot It with Atropa Pharmacy will be taking place in our fan park!
- We’ll also have a face painter, balloon modeller, an an ice cream van on site!
- Not had your Covid-19 vaccine yet? The NHS Vaccine Bus will be on site for those looking to grab theirs before the game.
Inside The Ground
In The Bowl
The Armed Forces entertainment isn’t just restricted to outside the ground, with plenty going on in and around the stadium bowl before the match and at half-time.
In the build-up to the game, Hull FC, alongside club partners CRK Engineering, Kinetic Laboratories, Mezz UK Ltd, and main club partners Atropa Pharmacy, will demonstrate their support for the Armed Forces Community by signing the Armed Forces Covenant – a voluntary pledge that promises those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces, and their families, should be treated fairly and should not face disadvantages when seeking to access public or private goods and services in the UK.
There will be a doubly special match ball delivery ahead of kick-off; Hull FC’s Veterans and Community Pathways Officer Steve Sampher deliver the ball onto the field alongside Leeds Rhinos PDRL player Simon Brown.
Club icon and former captain Jason Smith will also make a special appearance ahead of kick-off on his return to the city.
And the teams will be greeted by a Guard of Honour by members of the Light Dragoons as they take to the field.
At half-time, there will be a trophy parade from the Army men’s women’s and wheelchair sides, all of whom are the current Interservices champions, with the two players representing each side all from the city of Hull.
And one lucky supporter will get the chance to take on a Armed Forces themed Boot It with Atropa Pharmacy for the chance to win £1000 worth of holiday vouchers courtesy of Andew Earles, by kicking the ball into the turret of the Jackal!
On The Concourse
Check out our Street Food Menu in place at the MKM Stadium for the new season, which includes tasty options such as loaded fries, pulled pork burgers, dirty hotdogs, and pies, reviewed by Rate My Takeaway in February!
We’ve also got live music on the concourse in both the East Stand concourse on The Empress Stage from Mike Rogers, who will be bringing the pre-match tunes!
Jordan Johnstone takes on Mitieli Vulikijapani in the battle for this week’s playlist – keep an eye out on social media this week for the chance to vote for your favourite playlist, which will be played before the game.
Great Balls of Fire
Great Balls of Fire returns this week, allowing you the chance to win more great prizes by catching the ball that features the number of the player who scores our first try!
Jane Brooks Law Half-Time Draw
You could win one of three cash prizes, with the top prize of up to £750 going to one lucky supporter!
Tickets cost just £2 and can be purchased from our sellers around the ground (you must be aged 18 or over).
The draw will take place during half-time at the MKM Stadium, with results published on the club website and social media channels afterwards.
Sent your pictures in this week to email@example.com? Keep your eyes on the big screen pre-match and at half-time to see if you feature.
How To Buy Match Tickets
Tickets For Troops
Members of the armed forces and veterans can play their part in building a bumper crowd of the fixture against Leeds with our Tickets For Troops offer, with tickets for military and associated personnel available for just £15!
To redeem this offer, simply show your military or veteran organisation ID when purchasing a ticket – Ticket For Troops are only available from the MKM Stadium retail store.
All Tickets For Troops are for the South Stand Reserved section of the MKM Stadium, and are available until 5pm on Friday 1st July – this ticket offer will not be available on match day.
Supporters are advised that all match tickets can now be purchased in person from our MKM Stadium retail store.
Unreserved tickets are also available from our St Stephen’s shopping centre and Savile Street retail stores.
On match day, tickets will be available in person from the MKM Stadium ticket office and from the pop up retail trailer in the fan park.
Regular match tickets are available now at ticketing.hullfc.com. Supporters can opt to have their tickets sent to them in the post, or download their ticket as an e-ticket.
Tickets are available online up until kick-off on the day of the game.
Over The Phone
Tickets are available over the phone by calling 01482 505600. Phone lines are 9.30am until 4.00pm, Monday to Friday. All telephone sales are subject to a £2.00 transaction fee.