Staying in control…
A guide to responsible gambling (in association with GamCare)
Hull FC Youth in the Community is committed to ensuring that our members gain maximum enjoyment from taking part in our lotteries and seek to promote responsible attitudes while supporting our Lotteries and Gambling in general.
We fully support GamCare in dealing with the social impact of gambling.
• Your gambling provides you with fun and entertainment
• You set yourself a manageable budget for gambling
• Gambling is only one of your interests and you have time for other hobbies, family & friends
• You are aware of, and take breaks in, the time you use to gamble
• You don’t gamble to solve your financial problems, or as an escape from your personal problems
• The key is to only play our lotteries responsibly, not recklessly .
If you think you might have a gambling problem, then consider the following:
• Do you stay away from work to gamble?
• Do you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or to solve financial difficulties?
• After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
• Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
• Are you reluctant to spend “gambling money” on anything else?
• Do you ever gamble longer than planned?
• Do you ever gamble to escape worry or trouble?
If you generally answer “yes” to these questions and want to talk to someone about problem gambling, GamCare can give you practical help and advice.
Who is GamCare?
GamCare is a registered charity which offers differing services across a wide range of gambling choices and opportunities throughout the UK.
They are committed to promoting a responsible attitude to gambling and providing proper care and support to those who are affected by gambling addiction.
GamCare provides information, advice and counselling services to individuals, their family and friends who have concerns about problem gambling.
If you think that you, or someone you know, might have a gambling problem, then GamCare can HELP.
If you require advice, information or practical help, call GamCare National Helpline on: 0845 6000 133 or look on the GamCare website: www.gamcare.org.uk
Hull FC Youth in the Community
Registered with the Gambling Commission Licence number