If you missed Thursday night’s open evening at the Hull FC Sports College, there’s still plenty of time for you to apply ahead of next month’s deadline!
If you’re aged 16 or older and you have ambitions to play for Hull FC or a career in professional sport? Then the Hull FC Sports College could be for you!
The Hull FC Sports College now provides various sports orientated courses for students aged 16+, including college and university standard tuition, including BTEC, NCFE, HND and BA (Hons) qualifications.
Our experienced tutors and coaches also offer a wealth of experience, including current and former professional rugby league players and coaches, including the current England Universities head coach.
Students will also benefit from first hand work experience with Hull FC, in coaching or administration, as well as the opportunity to be part of the club’s player performance pathways, representing the club’s college team!
Better still, players of a higher ability with a genuine interest in becoming a rugby league player will also get the chance to train regularly and trial with the Hull FC Reserve squad at the club’s first-team training ground!
But don’t worry, even if you just want to play rugby for fun or would prefer just to study, then we still have courses for you too!
Other great benefits of the Hull FC Sports College include free tickets to every Hull FC home game, free training kit and discounts at restaurants and retailers across the city.
If you think you might be interested in becoming a part of the Hull FC Sports College, email firstname.lastname@example.org or for any further information you may require contact email@example.com.
If you want to know a bit more, check out the information below:
About the Hull FC Sports College
Hull FC Sports College was set up in 2010 to engage post-16 learners in Hull and surrounding areas in education through the power of sport.
Our new courses are bigger and better than ever and now also include the chance for students to progress as players with Hull FC!
The courses are delivered by fully qualified tutors and coaches, with our team of staff boasting current and former professional players and national standard coaches.
The Hull FC Sports College facilities include classrooms at our education centres on Pickering Road and the KCOM Stadium, including common rooms with pool and table tennis, plus a gym .
The college also makes the most of the state-of-the-art facilities at the club’s first-team training ground.
Our motto is Learn, Work, Play.
The College’s objectives are to:
- Provide high quality, flexible and responsive courses that increase the participation of young people
- Develop pathways for progression enabling learners to further achieve qualifications and employment opportunities
- Enable learners to fulfil their potential through outstanding teaching, learning, coaching and assessment, creating opportunities to work or play in professional sport and other professions
Our unique curriculum has been designed to give learners the opportunity to develop their employment pathways within the sporting field.
Students have the chance to develop their skills and knowledge through a curriculum built up of both vocational and academic qualifications.
Additional training and qualifications are provided to accelerate the personal development of our students, plus invaluable work experience with Hull FC – including coaching, conditioning and business, tailored to each students academic progress.
Our full-time study programme consists of choosing from four options:
- Apprenticeships & Traineeships
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Sport
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Sport
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Sport
- Higher National Diploma in Sport and BA (Hons) in Sports Coaching and Management
Learners at the Hull FC Sports College will also have the opportunity to be involved with:
- Hull FC College Academy Team - Up to 10 hours training sessions per week plus regular fixtures in the college league – delivered by professional coaches and monitored regularly by Hull FC scouts
- 10+ volunteer/work experience hours with Hull FC, including match days
- Enrichment activities (Multi-sports inc; cricket, golf, ultimate frisbee, gym instruction, rugby, football etc.)
- Media training (e.g match day analysis, video and photography)
- English & Math’s study and GCSE re-sits (if applicable)
- Additional Qualifications – Referee’s Course, Level 1 RFL Qualification
Each student that enrolls at the Hull FC Sports College will also receive:
- FREE entry to every Hull FC fixture
- FREE Hull FC branded hoody
- FREE transport to and from college
- Government Bursary
- Specialist extra-curricular rugby training by professional coaches
- Player visits / training sessions
- Reduced training kit package
- Exclusive discounts at Hull FC
- Exclusive discounts at over 40 restaurants and retailers in Hull
But don’t worry, you don’t have to take part in all of these activities or even be interested in rugby.
We have places for non-rugby students too.
How to apply
If you think you might be interested in becoming a part of the Hull FC Sports College, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like any further information, please contact email@example.com.