The 18th Man has had a radical makeover in the off-season and will return for 2018 as a bigger, better and cheaper 64-page monthly match day magazine!
The club believe strongly in having a match day publication, despite the challenges faced by falling circulation and rising publishing costs, so have taken the bold move to revamp their traditional match day programme into a brand new and exclusive 64-page match day magazine!
The first edition will be released today at our Betfred Super League season opener against Huddersfield Giants.
They will be available to buy from the club shop, the West Stand ticket booth and sellers around the ground at tonight’s game, whilst they will also be on sale at the club stores throughout February.
- Bigger - A new look, glossy A4 magazine!
- Better - 64 pages of exclusive Hull FC interviews, insight, columns and features!
- Cheaper - Our cheapest ever price - fans can buy it for just £1 at every game!
- Now available monthly at every game - and for the rest of the year - with a new editions out of season too
- Also available online via the club website and social media channels
- Thousands of copies produced every month - more than ever before!
The new, glossy A4 version of The 18th Man will also now be extended beyond just the regular season and instead will become an all-year round publication, with a new version every month - 12 months of the year!
Each new edition will be published and on sale at the first home game of every month and then also on sale from club retail outlets over the following weeks - and will include exclusive features, interviews, columns and content relating to all matches played that month.
Better still, it has a new price too! Fans can get all this for just £1 per edition - probably the cheapest magazine of it’s type and the cheapest match day publication in Super League!
To ensure as many fans as possible get the chance to read the magazine, thousands will be printed every month, while a low res version will also be available online via the club’s website and social media channels.
With the media world changing and specific up to the minute news and pre-match information now widely available online and social media, the new magazine will therefore be more feature led providing a unique insight into the players, the club and local rugby league.
Regular contributors will include the Chairman Adam Pearson, Executive Director James Clark and head coach Lee Radford.
There will also be monthly columns including a fans eye view from authors and Hull FC fanatics Vince Groak and Pete Allen, the man behind HFCNews Lewis Scott and Club Historian Bill Dalton.
Ben Towse will provide the monthly lowdown on the City of Hull Academy, whilst former player and coach Steve Crooks offers an insight into the ongoing work in grassroots rugby league on behalf of Hull and District RL.
Other notable features also include our Club & Community News, Members of the Month, Quickfire Questions, Toughest Opponents, Hot off the Press and some fun for the kids (young and old!)
In this month’s edition…
- Exclusive 2018 team poster and fixture planner pull out
- Exclusive Q+A looking at the club’s tour to New South Wales
- New signing Bureta Faraimo on his USA heritage
- Mickey Paea on his return to Hull FC
- Lee Radford on preparing for Huddersfield and Australia
- Feature length interview with testimonial star Danny Houghton on dream captaincy role
- Super League results predictor to play against friends and family
- Bill Dalton and Vince Groak document Hull FC-Australian relations from years gone-by, going back as far as 1909!
- Danny Washbrook is the first player to pick his 13 toughest opponents
- Rising star Masimbaashe Matongo on his music choices & Josh Griffin on his favourite things!
The club have worked hard with our print and publishing partners to ensure the new look magazine can be available to more people at a cheaper price, as well as offering fantastic value advertising opportunities to sponsors.
If you’re interested in your advert featuring in the exciting new-look magazine, contact Hull FC on 01482 327 200 or email email@example.com